Today we launched some changes to make it easier to navigate around the MagCloud website, access your account settings and quickly edit your publications.
For new users we’ve made it easier to find information about the wide array of MagCloud products and features, get inspired in our solutions section and start creating with easy access to MagCloud templates, tips and tutorials.
Existing users also will notice three new sections when they sign into MagCloud–Quick Links, My Projects and the new Create section.
Tap or click the Quick Links arrow next to your name in the upper left section of your web page to read publications in your Digital Library, make changes to your account, or sign out.
The new My Projects link in the upper right section of your web page provides one-click access to your existing publications. Make changes, order copies, view stats, or promote via social media and email.
Our new Create section replaces the Publish section and is accessible from the main navigation bar. From here you can create a publication by uploading your own MagCloud-ready PDF, download one of our professionally designed templates or using one of our Partner Solutions.
We hope these changes will make it easier for you to find the information most important to you, and get you publishing on MagCloud in no time. Let us know what you think about our website updates in the comments section below.
The MagCloud iPad application has been completely redesigned to offer improved functionality, including support for hyperlinks in downloaded publications, ability to access and download content purchased through the MagCloud website, and support for the Retina display of the new iPad.
The new app is available immediately in the iTunes app store.
- Browse, download and read thousands of free, full-color digital publications. New publications added daily.
- Sign in with your MagCloud username to download and read publications previously purchased from the MagCloud website.
- Easy-to-use reader interface in portrait or landscape mode, with support for swiping, pinching, zooming and the iPad’s new Retina display.
- Visually navigate through publications with the convenient page preview slider and “All Pages” overview
- Search for publications by title, collection, publisher or through keywords in the publication description and tags.
- Hyperlink support provides a richer reader experience.
- Download publications for reading offline.
The new MagCloud iPad app also enables publishers to include hyperlinks in their publications providing an enhanced user experience and new advertiser options. The app supports the use of hyperlinks for both images and text. This means you can link from your catalog of products back to an ecommerce site, or allow customers to draft emails to an address listed in your brochure just by clicking on it. You can also use hyperlinks to add value to your advertising space by allowing readers to click through to your advertisers’ websites.
MagCloud’s digital publishing makes it easy for businesses to reach customers wherever they prefer their content.
Let us know which new MagCloud iPad app features are your favorite and what you would like to see in future versions in the comments section below.
Today we want to speak to the real estate agents and agencies of the world. If you’re spending time and money printing up fact sheets, flyers, listing catalogs and brochures every month or even once a week, our service can help make the process easier. We know in the world of real estate, things are constantly changing. You sell a house and have to remove it from your list catalog. A new unit goes on the market and you’re turning around a new fact sheet in a few hours.
Just browse our site and you’ll see that MagCloud is already a popular tool for real estate agents. MagClouders are branching out beyond property listings; they’re including tips for first-time homeowners, agent profiles and ads for local businesses that home buyers might find useful. Photographers are in on the real estate market too as they sell annuity, using MagCloud to show how hiring a professional photographer can make your properties stand out as an agent. (And we couldn’t agree more!) MagCloud’s Flyer product is popular for any prints that don’t require binding. Full-color fliers with images of your listings will make your sales sheets pop and your competitors green with envy.
MagCloud’s services can also help you be more nimble as a business, keeping you a step ahead of that other agency or agent. Think about it. We offer a print-on-demand service which means no more bulk orders of brochures. With MagCloud, you order what you need as you need it and you’ll receive your prints in as little as three days. Go further with your publication by offering an iPad or PDF-friendly version as well. Your clients will appreciate a paperless version when they’re juggling fact sheets and flyers for so many different properties.
Beyond its true cost-saving and waste-reducing advantages, HP’s top-notch print quality is the No. 1 reason MagCloud customers keep coming back. Don’t just take our word for it, hear from a satisfied real estate agent who’s been using MagCloud to promote his realty business with 4-page flyers and community Buyers Guides. Also, check out other resources on our site like the Product Spotlight: Flyer for Business and tips on how to attract an audience with great content.
Now we want to hear from you. As a real estate agent, how have you incorporated MagCloud as a tool to promote your business? Feel free to share your tips and success stories with us in the comments section below.
The MagCloud team is really excited about 2012. With a new year comes an opportunity to think about what changes and improvements we would like to see on the website and with our service offerings.
So here are our top resolutions for MagCloud this year:
- Offer More Product Types: including a cool square format and a larger landscape product.
- Improve the MagCloud iPad application: making digital perusing of MagCloud publications even more enjoyable.
- Enhance our Direct Mail Services: making it easier to send publications to groups of customers, colleagues and subscribers in print and digital format.
- Provide New Tools for Publication Creation: new web based authoring tools, templates and an improved help section to make creating MagCloud-ready publications easier.
- Reward our Community: Referral and Advocate programs to reward MagCloud users for helping us spread the MagCloud word and attract new publishers to the service.
- Enable MagCloud-aware Applications: enhance the MagCloud platform to make it easier for third party developers to build their own websites and applications on top of MagCloud that can link directly to MagCloud’s publishing and distribution capabilities. So no need to recreate all the heavy lifting we’ve already spent the last 3 years building. Just tap into MagCloud and offer our services as part of your business.
These are just a few of the things we have in mind but we always appreciate your feedback on what new features are most important to you.
To ensure your voice is heard please take a few minutes to complete our short MagCloud user survey. After you complete the survey you’ll receive a coupon for 15% off the production costs of future purchases of full-priced publications on MagCloud.*
We look forward to your feedback and to an amazing year for the entire MagCloud community.
*This coupon cannot be combined with other offers or sales on the MagCloud website and is valid through April 30th, 2012.
Whether you are planning a large conference, an intimate meeting for VIP customers, a quarterly gathering for club members, or an annual fundraising event, content plays a pivotal role in attracting and pleasing attendees.
Compelling speakers are the most important factor in attracting attendees to your event. Finding speakers who are relevant, experienced and have a unique story to tell will not only drive attendees to your event, but keep them talking about it well after the event is over. You should even consider soliciting potential attendee feedback in the process of selecting keynote speakers, panelists and meeting topics. A great example of this is the South by Southwest Panel Picker, which allows their community to vote on proposals for various speakers and panel topics, thus engaging their audience in the actual content programming of the event.
Networking is more than a handshake. Besides great speakers the other reason people attend events is to network. As an event organizer you can help your attendees get the most out of the event by making networking easier before, during and after your event. Use the existing social networks to get attendees talking prior to an event—event Facebook Pages or Groups, Twitter Hashtags, LinkedIn Groups etc. Consider hosting Birds-of-a-Feather sessions or lunches where attendees can gather to informally discuss topics of mutual interest.
Attention grabbing materials. Print and digital materials you use to promote your event—brochures, flyers, newsletters; and inform attendees while at your event—programs, daily papers, agendas etc. are an important factor in audience engagement. Events like music festivals, sporting events and business conferences are complemented well by programs that can serve as both a guide to attendees as well as used for marketing material down the road. An event program is a great way to showcase the talent you’ve organized, share the purpose of your event, promote your sponsors and acknowledge those who deserve thanks.
Here are a few of our MagCloud favorites (from MagCloud publishers as well as others) to provide some inspiration:
- Conference of Creative Entrepreneurs published the program for their August 2011 event in San Francisco. This program does a great job of posting the packed schedule along with speaker bios and ads for local businesses (It’s clear they put a priority on great design – a top MagCloud tip!)
- 2010 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta – it’s not just about a one-week event in October. This program delves into the history of the annual Balloon Fiesta and gives details on each balloon flying at the event – it’s sort of like the “speaker bios” of the balloon festival world.
- 2010 Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open program has a clear focus on great photography especially the shots of the individual holes (pages 50-66) not to mention beautiful integrations with their sponsors. The ads are woven into the program and don’t feel forced or out of place.
- SXSW 2012 Event Marketing brochure is chock full of impressive stats, engaging content and gorgeous design.
- TED Fellows 2011 Booklet gives shout outs and thank yous up front along with a brief description of the program and of course a look at each TED Fellow and the work they are up to.
- Guide to Davos dives into the topics at hand for the 2011 Davos Conference and gives the reader a feel for the tone and sheer importance of the event. Layout is unique and could work well for an event that requires articles in their program to communicate its story.
And if you are ready to get started on materials for your next event and need a little help check out our collection of free event program and brochure templates:
Have you taken a unique approach to selecting speakers, creating networking opportunities or created killer event materials? If so please feel free to share those ideas in the comments section and tell us what kind of feedback you received from event attendees and partners.
With our redesign of the MagCloud home page we’ve put the most important publisher tools just a few clicks away. Now when you sign-in to MagCloud you’ll immediately have access to a variety of publisher tools including sales stats, publication drafts, promotion tools, recent orders and much more.
Your personalized home page will dynamically serve up content that is most important to you:
- Sales Information: If you sell your publications via MagCloud, you’ll automatically see your pertinent sales stats: page views, recent sales, digital downloads, your followers and your sales earnings.
- Publishing Tools: You’ll have easy access to your latest drafts, and one click access to promotion tools, your address book, a pricing calculator and your entire publication library.
- Recent Purchase History: You can easily access recent order details and available digital downloads.
- Recommendations: We’ll recommend other publications you might be interested in based on other publications and publishers you’ve shown interest in.
- News Feature and Tips Updates: We are constantly adding new features, offering new templates and giving out design tips to make your publishing lives a little easier and you’ll be able to access the latest information directly from your home page.
to MagCloud to check out our new home page design and let us know what you think in the comments section below.
Need help creating or marketing your next publication?
Our Help section now includes a directory of templates, photography, design, advertising resources and more. You can also find the the most popular design tips from our blog and latest How to Guides.
Still can’t find what you are looking for then visit the Ask MagCloud section to browse frequently asked questions about publishing, printing and shipping with MagCloud.
Our support team is also happy to answer any questions you can’t find answers for on our website. Simply contact us so we can help you get the information you are looking for.
Know of a great resource that would help the MagCloud community? Please drop us a line, we would love to hear about them.