We are excited to introduce a new form factor that will help your publications standout from the crowd. At 8” x 8”, Square product is compact, portable, eye-catching; and available in sleek saddle stitch or professional perfect binding.
Ideal for portfolios, look books, small catalogs, handbooks and more, Square publications can be anywhere from 4 to 384 pages. The new Square product will be available for the same $.20 per page ($.15 per page for orders of 20 copies or more).
MagCloud Square Design Specifications:
- PDF Size with Bleed: 8.25 x 8.25″
- Trim Size (Final Size): 8 x 8″
- Bleed Settings: 0” inside edge, 0.25″ outside edge; 0.125″ top and bottom
- Half-Fold Binding: 4 Pages
- Saddle-Stitch Binding: 8 – 100 Pages
- Perfect Binding: 20 – 384 Pages
Start publishing with Square today and let us know how you envision using this new product in the comments below.
New to MagCloud or just need to brush up on a few publishing steps? Check out the new MagCloud “How to Publish” video for a simple step-by-step tutorial on uploading your MagCloud-ready PDF, previewing your publication and how to set your print and digital options.
A new month means a new giveaway! Starting today, we’re launching our monthly giveaway for three $25 PayPal MagCloud gift cards. You can enter to win by answering the question below in the blog comments section, or tweeting @MagCloud your answer using the #MagCloudQ hashtag. The questions and prizes will change each month so if you don’t win this round, check back in May for another chance.
Photographers! This month’s question is for you. As you may have noticed, we here at MagCloud love photography. From advancements in camera technology, to the explosion in photo apps across devices, to the astonishing growth in social photo sharing (uh hello Facebook’s recent purchase of Instagram or the Pinterest phenomenon), photography is top of mind with both professional photographers and consumers alike. So this month we would love to know, from DSLRs to point and shoots to smartphones, what’s your go-to camera when you want to capture that perfect shot?
- Post your answer to the above question in the comments section below or tweet @MagCloud with the #MagCloudQ hashtag
- Responses must be posted by Monday, April 30, 2012 at 5:00pm PST
- Winners will be announced via Twitter, Facebook, and our blog on Thursday, May 3, 2012 by 12:00pm PST
- Questions? Post in the comments below or tweet us @MagCloud
- And don’t forget to follow @MagCloud on Twitter and/or ‘Like’ us on Facebook for the latest MagCloud news and future contest details
The contest opens at 12:00 pm PST on Friday, April 13, 2012. Entries must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday, April 30, 2012 and the winner will be announced via Twitter, Facebook, and our blog on Wednesday, May 3, 2012. The prize will be one $25 MagCloud gift card. Three unique winners will be selected at random. All entrants agree to be contacted by Hewlett Packard for prize fulfillment. The drawings are open to MagCloud blog readers, Twitter followers and Facebook fans that reside in the United States and are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Limit two entries (one on Twitter and one blog comment) per person, per month. Anyone found to be in violation of any of our rules or third party networks will be ineligible. Entries in this contest will not be carried over into subsequent giveaways or drawings.
We are always looking for ways to make our products (and our customers) feel extra special so we recently upgraded the paper we use for our Flyer and 4-Page Pamphlet products to 80# Cover Stock at no additional cost to you. The heavier weight gives these products a more premium look and feel.
And speaking of premium feel, we’ve also upgraded our packaging for all FedEx orders for increased protection during shipping and delivery.
Let us know what you think of our new paper and packaging options in the comments section below.
The MagCloud team is really excited about 2012. With a new year comes an opportunity to think about what changes and improvements we would like to see on the website and with our service offerings.
So here are our top resolutions for MagCloud this year:
- Offer More Product Types: including a cool square format and a larger landscape product.
- Enhance our Direct Mail Services: making it easier to send publications to groups of customers, colleagues and subscribers in print and digital format.
- Provide New Tools for Publication Creation: new web based authoring tools, templates and an improved help section to make creating MagCloud-ready publications easier.
- Reward our Community: Referral and Advocate programs to reward MagCloud users for helping us spread the MagCloud word and attract new publishers to the service.
- Enable MagCloud-aware Applications: enhance the MagCloud platform to make it easier for third party developers to build their own websites and applications on top of MagCloud that can link directly to MagCloud’s publishing and distribution capabilities. So no need to recreate all the heavy lifting we’ve already spent the last 3 years building. Just tap into MagCloud and offer our services as part of your business.
These are just a few of the things we have in mind but we always appreciate your feedback on what new features are most important to you.
To ensure your voice is heard please take a few minutes to complete our short MagCloud user survey. After you complete the survey you’ll receive a coupon for 15% off the production costs of future purchases of full-priced publications on MagCloud.*
We look forward to your feedback and to an amazing year for the entire MagCloud community.
*This coupon cannot be combined with other offers or sales on the MagCloud website and is valid through April 30th, 2012.
Are you unsure about what MagCloud has to offer? Or are you a MagCloud expert, but want an easier way to explain the service to your friends and colleagues? Then check out our new video, which helps answer the question “What is HP MagCloud?”
Let us know what you think in the comments below!
After an exciting voting round with 2,389 votes, the official winners of the MagCloud Portfolio Contest have been selected!
Grand Prize Winner: Sean McCloskey
Sean’s portfolio showcases his 15 years of concert photography experience and trust us – the images do not disappoint. Sting, Sheryl Crow, Prince and David Bowie all grace the pages of this 83-page montage of music heavyweights on stage and in their element.
Click here to view and purchase Sean’s winning portfolio, or read more about Sean and his photography on his website.
Runner-up Winner: Cemal Ekin
Cemal’s submission shows off the architectural beauty of the famed Hagia Sophia museum in Istanbul. Views from all angles make this structure shine in a most deserving light.
Click here to view and purchase Cemal’s amazing work, or visit his MagCloud profile and follow him on Twitter.
Runner-up Winner: Jeremiah Johnson
Jeremiah draws a close relationship between photography, design and architecture in his portfolio. His extensive experience in the field is chronicled in his 46-page submission. We encourage you to take a look.
Click here to view and purchase Jeremiah’s submission, or see more of his work on his website.
We want to thank each of these great creative professionals as well as everyone who submitted an entry to our Portfolio Contest and voted. A very special thanks to our wonderful sponsors: Wacom, Pantone and MyFonts. Our winners got some truly amazing prizes.